Saturday 4 May 2013

A New Start

This is my first post. From now, I am going to be posting regularly at this blog. I am going to write down my whole journey as a story in the world of investing and speculation. I am going to educate myself, and my readers at the same time on what are some of the things I have learnt as I become older and older.

To begin with, I will just introduce myself. At the time this blog is created, i am a soon-to-be father with less than $6,000 of savings. I am still currently studying in university and is deeply entranced by the world where money talks. I am an aspiring hedge fund manager who knows nothing much about the different skills used to trade. I don't even know what beta is. I only know the glamorous side of banking and finance, the stories and yes, models and bottles. However, its irrelevant to me as I am already married with a great wife and a kid coming out soon.

To be honest, my financial situation is really bad as I will be leaving school with debts (3 more years to go), and my available time to work is handicapped by my university curriculum. One reason this blog was started is also to give me extra motivation and boost in achieving greater excellence in my life. I currently have $1,500 I plan to use as my investment capital and you will see real figures, real stories here. Nothing will be masked, if I make a loss, I will say it. If I have profited, you guys will know.

I will be upfront and say that please do not expect me to start trading right away and post my P&L (Profits & Losses) here as I have stated that I have absolutely no experience and I only know the stories of banking and finance. Expect to see real trading activities only after 3 months, as I am still in the midst of exams at the point I am writing this post.

My aim for this blog is to connect future retail investors and not be subjected to the whims of Wall Street. Pretty big dream for a guy who is in debt, still a student and married with a child coming? Yes, I cannot even begin to say how ridiculous I know I sound. But, if you are following me, I will assure you that this blog will now be my favourite past time. When other people are watching movies, television shows, I will be studying hard for my future goal. This is my first step, expect no miracle stories, only the possibility of a guy who is going to defy all odds to get into one of the most competitive industry in the world and come up on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment