Monday 3 June 2013

Plagued By Work, Sickness, Study And Need For Rest

Pardon me for digressing from my usual investment and trading posts. I just thought that sharing what I have been through these few weeks can let my readers understand myself better. These past 2 weeks of my life, I have experienced a new level of hardship and hard work that I never knew I was capable of. My trading job coupled with my various involvements has severely drained me to the point of exhaustion. As I am writing this post, I am combating with flu and sore throat and a spinning headache. However, since this blog is supposed to be my journal, my dairy of my journey, I am sure a few years from now when I look back, I would have wanted to force myself to work even harder. Therefore, knowing how I will react a few years from now, all I can do is to force myself in the present to the extreme.

To give a brief summary of my schedule, I would just say that there is no free days currently for me. From monday to sunday, I will definitely be working for at least 5 to 6 hours. The amount of hours I am clocking in for work officially is around 50 to 60 hours and is split in the following manner: prop trading job, private tuition, family business and web business. This has severely drained my energy level and there are days where I fall asleep within 30 seconds. Of course, this pales in comparison to the 100 hours you pull for investment banking, however, I am also constantly studying about trading and investing, as well as involved with several competitions at the same time.

I am in the midst of 1 valuation challenge now and deadline is end of this month. The valuation challenge requires me to be extremely straight forward and highly analytical in order to stand a chance of winning. To do that, I have been listening to past winners and jotting down what they have said. Hopefully, my own analysis style will eventually shine through. I have also recently registered for another business challenge and I foresee a tougher schedule ahead.

To be honest, I have not been exercising for a week and can really feel my body getting weaker. To maintain a strong spirit and mind, the body must be healthy. As much as I hate it, I will have to force myself to continue getting up earlier to exercise and really sweat it out for a maximum productivity day. Also, I must constantly remind myself that family is still important to me so no matter how tired I am, I will definitely make sure my family is well settled and happy or try to make them that. Doing so many things at once is really tiring and there are times I just want to give it all up, but the promise of a future outweighs the pain of the moment. This is not a story meant to inspire anyone or to tell anyone how good I am, its simply my journal entry for my personal browsing, a constant reflection for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment