Friday 11 April 2014

My True Calling - Venture Capital Cum Hedge Fund

After pondering and pondering, researching through various career options like sales and trading, investment banking, equity research, I have finally discovered my dream career in life. Getting from where I am now to where I want to be is not going to be easy, and as the title suggests, I aspire towards my true calling. I have never been more excited than now thinking about what I want to do in the future. No other man inspires me more than Peter Thiel, who is both a venture capitalist and a hedge fund manager.

This summer, I will start working as a summer analyst for a venture capital firm and the amount of time I might be able to spend updating the site might be limited. Now, I will definitely spend as much time as possible to update this site as this site can be a journal for who I am and I have learnt many things looking back at some of the old posts that I have made, reflecting on some of the old experiences that I have gone through. I hope to be able to start my own venture capital and hedge fund by the age of 35 and I foresee I need at least $1 million to get started. I will definitely strive to increase my earnings potential while looking for additional ways to double or even triple my investment performance.

For now, I am really excited about working at the venture capital fund and will strive to learn as much as possible at the fund. To me, venture capital is emotionally and socially stimulating whereas hedge fund is intellectually stimulating. To be able to take the best of both careers and grow at the same time sounds extremely exciting. I will definitely work harder now, and move towards my dream career. Now is the time to speed up, and more stress is necessary in order for me to truly excel.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Hope you will share with us your job experience!

    Regards,
    SG Wealth Builder
    www.sgwealthbuilder.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get down to it once I started working. Thank you so much for your interest!

      Delete